Thursday, October 7, 2010

Exhibitor Spotlight... Dan Smith

Dan Smith

My ideas about making art are complicated. I tend to work in as many arenas as possible, in hopes that the process of making art continues to maintain breadth, rather than becoming specialized. Reading, writing, performing and teaching all have places in the total oeuvre of my work.

The human face has been a favorite subject throughout my artistic career. It is an on-going source of inspiration that offers me a multitude of expressive, stylistic and technical possibilities. During the past twenty or more years, I have enjoyed the academic exercises of making portraits - especially through painting, drawing and photography. I use many of the same processes to create landscapes and large abstracts.

No comments:

Post a Comment