Spotted at the Antique & Design Center by The Decorating Diva - Carmen NatschkeExciting trends in home decor and color direction for 2015 were spotted in all areas of the fall 2014 High Point furniture and design market from new furniture collections debuting in a multitude of showrooms to the aisles upon aisles of fabulous vintage and antiques gracing the floors of the Antique & Design Center. At what can easily be referred to as the best furniture and design market that I’ve attended in the last four years, furniture manufacturers, showrooms and exhibitors laid out their fabulous and magnificent design vision for the home as we head into 2015. I share a few of my favorite vintage and antique discoveries from the Antique & Design Center which serve to illustrate some of the color and design trends I noted at the fall furnishings and design market.
1. DESIGN DIRECTION: BLUESThe presence of blues, from Powdery Blues to Inky Blues and every hue in-between, had a strong showing at market.
2. DESIGN DIRECTION: GREENIn the same vein as blue, green appeared to be a market favorite among exhibitors. Greens, in a spectrum from yellow-greens to blue-greens and grayed-greens, were signaling a fresh re-emergence in home decor.
3. DESIGN DIRECTION: FABULOUS FURS & HIDESFurniture and decor dressed and draped in sumptuous furs and luxe hides furthered the cocooning and embracing concept of home as sanctuary.
4. DESIGN DIRECTION: WILD ALLUREThe allure of animal magnetism was inescapable - from: striking Leopard and Cheetah prints to Scalamandre Zebra stripes; elephant statues to intricately sculpted animal representations in furniture and art (like the stunning cocktail table shown below); horns in natural bone or Lucite; and natural or color-dyed hides.
5. DESIGN DIRECTION: INDUSTRIAL CHICThe spellbinding attraction of a well-worn piece that has survived through history passed on from one home to another - carrying within its tarnished, rusted, distressed and patina-covered exterior a storied past- was on display in various style settings from contemporary to traditional giving the design a rich, layered and interesting appeal.
The Antique & Design Center is excited to welcome Carmen Natschke as a guest writer for our blog!
Carmen Maria Natschke is a freelance writer, speaker and the founder of the internationally acclaimed blog, The Decorating Diva. Her passion for design has her traveling the globe as a lifestyle and design expert sharing her love of art, architecture, design, and trends.